Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pillow Cookies

I have a habit to browse other baking and cooking blogs for unique recipes. I came across the recipe for Pillow Cookies on www.bakerella.com. I was intrigued by the name, maybe because I haven't been getting much sleep lately, but probably because it combines 2 of my favorite baked goods......brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Yes, brownies AND chocolate chip cookies! I know it sounds impossible but I have proof that it's possible.


Pillow Cookies


Ingredients
1 box of brownie mix (feel free to make your own brownies if you are ambitious)
Recipe to your favorite chocolate chip cookies--I always use the one from the back of the bag of chocolate chips

Directions
Bake the brownies according to the box and let cool. Once cool, cut into 1 inch by 1 inch squares.

Meanwhile, mix up the ingredients to your chocolate chip cookie recipe. Once dough is made, take 1/2 cup scoops of dough and flatten. Take a brownie and place it in the middle of the chocolate chip cookie dough. Form the dough around the brownie to close the brownie in. Shape the cookies as close to a ball shape as possible.

Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The time will depend on how big each cookie is. Keep a close eye out!

Let them bake, cool, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment