Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Peppermint Truffles

As every holiday season, I start to notice a trend in my baking. Two years ago it was cranberries, last year peppermint, this year it's goodies in the shape of a ball. It's quick and easy when I don't have a bunch of extra time (which is all the time). I love that I can roll the dough into a ball and then put it in the freezer until I have time to finish. And that is exactly what I did. I made the dough for the Peppermint Truffle several days ago and just finished them up tonight.

This recipe took a little experimenting. I found a basic recipe for "Easy Decadent Truffles" but I wasn't satisfied with the "easy" part and in normal Kaiti-fashion, I had to turn something easy into something more difficult. Nevertheless, the end result is delicious! I was also bored with vanilla extract so I knew I wanted to replace it with peppermint. And what better pair then peppermint and white chocolate?! Enjoy!!



Here is the "easy" recipe first:


Easy Decadent Truffles


Ingredients

8 oz of softened cream cheese
3 cups confectioner's sugar
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions

In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate chips and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate and shape into 1 inch balls. Coat in your favorite flavor!


Kaiti's Peppermint Truffles (still amazingly easy)




8 oz softened cream cheese
3 cups confectioners' sugar
3 cups white chocolate, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract

Directions


In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate chips and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate and shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in red sprinkles or coat in melted white chocolate and then roll in sprinkles. 





No comments:

Post a Comment