Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Chex Mix

There are a few things in life that I am 100% positive about and one of them is that my husband makes the best, absolute BEST, Chex Mix I have ever tasted. Why is he so good? I have no idea because he won't tell me the "recipe." He won't even start making it until I am out of the kitchen. His Chex Mix only makes an appearance a few times a year and it's usually about Thanksgiving and Christmas so when he started talking about making it for Easter at his Auntie Susie's I knew he had to make it. But he likes to tease me with it and then says "I'm retired from making it." This doesn't fly with a 18 week pregnant wife who now has a craving for his signature recipe. So, what would any wife do? I gave him an ultimatum. He had 2 choices. To make the Chex Mix or to write me an apology letter (handwritten) for even mentioning the idea. Because he is a wise husband he immediately went to the store and stocked up on what he needed. A few hours later (yes hours, he makes me wait while it settles before I can eat it) it was done and I could begin to stuff my face. 

Unfortunately, I have no recipe to share. I can't even share the ingredients because he always adds something new to it. This time he added sesame sticks (I'm not a fan but I would never dare complain about this to him.) All I have to share is a picture of the goodness that I am enjoying. And yes, Auntie Susie we are bringing some to your house. We are just keeping the bigger bowl at our house! 

And YES I would have made him write me a letter! I believe he has learned his lesson but he has especially proven that he is the BEST Chex Mix Maker in the world and the BEST Husband ever as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment