Monday, April 25, 2011

Strawberry Jello Trifle

I have this fantastic trifle dish that I haven't used. I got it at my bridal shower and have used it more of a display item. I've been wanting to make something in it for years but never found anything that caught my eye. Anyway, I was in charge of bringing "something with jello" to Auntie Susie's for Easter. So, I scoured the internet for Jello recipes and finally came across something I thought looked yummy.....and easy. I found it on www.allrecipes.com and the only difference I made was that I added more fresh strawberries. And yes I bought the pound cake. We were limited for time this weekend!


Now I'm not a Jello or Cool Whip fan so this dessert was definitely not for me (I actually didn't have any). However, I did bring home an empty (but still pretty) dish! 



Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups boiling water
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz) JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
  • 1 1/2 cups cold water
  • 1 package frozen pound cake, thawed, cubed
  • 1 tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
  • 2 cups sliced strawberries

  • Directions
  1. Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Pour into 13x9-inch pan. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
  2. Cut gelatin into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in 3-1/2-quart serving bowl. Cover with layers of cake cubes, 1/2 of the whipped topping and strawberries. Top with remaining whipped topping.
  3. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I myself enjoy the trifle...I have eaten many a trifle, but only in one location--at Kathleen Twomey's house! The Irish and the Brits love their trifles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the trifle dish!!! I don't do pound cake or angel food so most trifles are out for me as well. But it looked pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete